Olympus, the market leader in portable digital voice recorders, professional dictation devices and Linear PCM music recorders, has earned the “Nuance Certified” designation and received the highest rating of six dragons for its DS-7000 and DS-3500 Professional Dictation Systems, as well as its DS-2500 digital voice recorder. All the devices passed rigorous tests conducted by Nuance using its Dragon NaturallySpeaking product and meet the highest criteria for performance and quality. The following summary helps give an overview of the features of each the DS-7000,DS-3500 and DS-2500.
The DS-7000 Professional Dictation System from Olympus sets an industry standard in portable audio recording equipment and digital voice recorders. Proving a seamless workflow with Dragon Naturally Speaking, the DS-7000 has been specifically designed for accurate voice recognition and high voice quality. Dictations can be recorded and transcribed directly by Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) software, utilizing the Dragon Engine or by using the Background Voice Recognition feature. The outstanding recording quality offered by the DS-7000 ensures that Voice Recognition is simple and accurate.
The DS-7000 provides an array of professionals who rely on dictation – from lawyers to doctors to law enforcement, among others – with a dependable tool that features real-time 256-bit file encryption, a redesigned, independently housed microphone, slide switch control, enhanced battery life, and a color LCD which ensures the information displayed on-screen is clear and easy to read.
The DS-3500 Professional Dictation System digital voice recorder is designed to dramatically increase efficiency and streamline operations in any professional environment. The push button controlled recorder is the perfect blend of premium features and ease of use.
Through Olympus’ ODMS software, both the DS-7000 and DS-3500 can be implemented seamlessly in a variety of business settings that require the ability to record and transcribe high volume, sensitive data without compromising security or efficiency.
The DS-7000 and DS-3500 audio recorders incorporate many additional unique and innovative features, including:
- An improved, speech-optimized microphone featuring independent housing and variable recording modes
- A durable, precise slide switch (DS-7000) or ergonomic push button controls (DS-3500)
- Enhanced security, with device password protection and real-time 128- or 256-bit file encryption
- A 2-inch color LCD (TFT) display
- Dual memory card slots, with support for SD and microSD up to 32 GB
- Full integration into professional digital workflows
- A longer-lasting, rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
The DS-2500 digital voice recorder includes many features of Olympus’ professional dictation systems in an accessible, easy-to-use push button recorder and is the ideal solution for any office that relies on accurate, small-scale dictation and transcription, as well as individuals who need professional-level recording capabilities.
The Olympus DS-2500 digital voice recorder features:
- A compact, professional-quality microphone, with variable recording modes to capture superior audio files in any condition
- Up to 303 hours of recording time with the included 2 GB SD card (expandable to 32 GB)
- Intuitive, ergonomic push-button controls
- Up to 37 hours of recording time on two AAA rechargeable Ni-MH batteries (included), enhanced by innovative Variable Control Voice Actuator recording mode, recording only when sound is detected, ensuring you’re only recording what is needed
- Backlit LCD screen for consistent viewing, even in bright conditions
- Simple file management, with five internal folders and easy USB connection to computers running Windows® XP, Windows Vista® and Windows 7, or Mac OS®